Minimum modules required for newly installed drupal
After you installed Drupal in your system, you need to enable few modules and needs to install few module that is not part of Drupal core.
Enable few modules that are pre-installed with drupal installation
Module name: Update manager
Description: Checks for available updates, and can securely install or update modules and themes via a web interface.
Why you need this: By enabling this module you can install new modules by using web interface.Web interface like a module url or by uploading a module that you downloaded from drupal extended modules.
Modules that you are bound to install in your fresh installed drupal, some of these modules are badly needed by other module
- Devel [A suite of modules containing fun for module developers and themers]
- ctools (Chaos tool suite) [As a beginner you cann’t take much advantage of this module, rather this module is more important as other modules is much Dependant on other module]
- Token [It does nothing by itself — other modules can use it]
- Organic groups [Enable users to create and manage their own ‘groups’. Each group can have subscribers, and maintains a group home page where subscribers communicate amongst themselves]
- Pathauto [The Pathauto module automatically generates URL/path aliases for various kinds of content (nodes, taxonomy terms, users) without requiring the user to manually specify the path alias]
- Wysiwyg [Allows the use of client-side editors to edit content.A CMS editor like tinyMce or ckEditor]
- Entity API [It does nothing by itself, but other needs it badly. like Views and cTools]
- Menu attributes [This simple module allows you to specify some additional attributes for menu items such as id, name, class, style, target and rel.]
Modules that will help you to design your site and design your Durpal pages
- Views [Create listing,report,extract content with condition,data with required desire field only,change order of data display,write custom query]
- Panels [The Panels module allows a site administrator to create customized layouts for multiple uses]
Modules to Manage your Drupal Admin interface easily like Admin Menu,clear cache etc
- Administration menu [Admin login simple menu and sub-Menu to easily get drupal functionality]
- Module filter [Easily search your installed,disabled,enabled and group wise Drupal modules]
Modules to Develop Drupal form ,Form field and form validation
- CCK (Content construction kit) [The Content Construction Kit allows you to add custom fields to nodes using simple interface]
- Link [A link field for drupal content type to add internal and external links to your site]
- Email Field [This module provides a field type for email addresses]
- Date [A date picker field to include in any drupal content type fields or custom module]
Keep rocking with Drupal.